Safety and security for connected vehicles
Redwall's patented security core runs as part of a device's firmware to verify the integrity, adjust settings based on the security posture, block privilege escalation, and thwart rogue processes from accessing resources like memory and device drivers. Unlike competitors, Redwall is designed for SWAP-constrained devices, and requires no connectivity or specialized hardware.
Redwall prevents several classes of bugs and run-time errors, because accidents aren't always the result of attacks.
Context-aware encryption means data is completely safe even when a vehicle or drone os lost, stolen, or captured.
Redwall's design makes it ideal for low complexity, memory-constrained, battery powered, or other small systems.
Redwall's team has significant experience developing remote exploits for vehicle systems. Now we're putting that expertise to use with novel defenses for connected cars that go beyond simple firewalls and network protection. Redwall can protect systems on or off the CANbus from each other as well as external threats.
Even in cases where in-vehicle entertainment systems are properly air-gapped from the vehicle control systems, safety, privacy, and resilience against the other connected devices is critical. Redwall can not only secure these devices, but also isolate and encrypt data and profiles for multiple users.
From intelligent transportation systems to autonomous cars and industrial equipment, Redwall can help ensure attackers cannot take control of or deceive on-board systems. In many cases, Redwall can also protect the associated mobile control and sensor devices, making for a completely resilient system.
From nanosatellites to submersible drones and UAVs, Redwall can add assurance and integrity to any on-board system. Drones can adjust capabilities and settings including security level and cryptographic keys based on sensor data or context such as location or altitude. Redwall also protects the data if the drone is captured or lost.
Further reading, papers, and presentations
Did you know...
- Redwall Mobile can operate with or without a server (MDM) component, and is suitable for tactical, non-connected (disconnected) deployments.
- Redwall works with industry partners to offer a variety of 8(a) contract vehicles.
- Redwall Mobile security policies are field-updatable, but can also enforce minimal, immutable settings.
- Redwall Mobile policies control access to networks, files, peripherals, services, apps, and any resource.
- Redwall Mobile offers performance benefits over virtualization, and a stronger security model than traditional hypervisors.