Safety and security for connected vehicles
Redwall's patented security core runs as part of a device's firmware to verify the integrity, adjust settings based on the security posture, block privilege escalation, and thwart rogue processes from accessing resources like memory and device drivers. Unlike competitors, Redwall is designed for SWAP-constrained devices, and requires no connectivity or specialized hardware.
Redwall prevents several classes of bugs and run-time errors, because accidents aren't always the result of attacks.
Context-aware encryption means data is completely safe even when a vehicle or drone os lost, stolen, or captured.
Redwall's design makes it ideal for low complexity, memory-constrained, battery powered, or other small systems.
Redwall's team has significant experience developing remote exploits for vehicle systems. Now we're putting that expertise to use with novel defenses for connected cars that go beyond simple firewalls and network protection. Redwall can protect systems on or off the CANbus from each other as well as external threats.
Even in cases where in-vehicle entertainment systems are properly air-gapped from the vehicle control systems, safety, privacy, and resilience against the other connected devices is critical. Redwall can not only secure these devices, but also isolate and encrypt data and profiles for multiple users.
From intelligent transportation systems to autonomous cars and industrial equipment, Redwall can help ensure attackers cannot take control of or deceive on-board systems. In many cases, Redwall can also protect the associated mobile control and sensor devices, making for a completely resilient system.
From nanosatellites to submersible drones and UAVs, Redwall can add assurance and integrity to any on-board system. Drones can adjust capabilities and settings including security level and cryptographic keys based on sensor data or context such as location or altitude. Redwall also protects the data if the drone is captured or lost.
Further reading, papers, and presentations
Did you know...
- Redwall Mobile security policies are simple to create, and can be edited using the policy server or with any JSON editing tool.
- Interested in partnering? Redwall frequently partners with both defense primes and other small businesses.
- Redwall is proud to be working with Cornet Technology, and encourages you to take a look at their innovative STINN LTEmp Manpack product.
- Redwall is an all US company employing only US citizens, and has staff that can meet your security requirements.
- Redwall Mobile does not depend on any third-party libraries nor any special features such as TrustZone.